Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Woman of Power & Character

She's most probably the reason why I become cynical of females who have weak mentality. I can't really stand those girls who complain & whine @ the slightest activities that require the use of physical strength; or having to be put under strenuous tests. But this one woman can do all what men can do - she even surpasses some men , against all odds.

During Primary school, she frequented the Principal's office & her parents earned upteem "free" coffee treats from the kind Principal. Guys ran away once they heard her name, "Da Jie Da Lai Le! Gin Zhao!". No girls had the chance to touch her once during fights & boys cried when she stared at them. This is her when she was young & she was notorious for being the rebellious girl who dared to argue with any teacher once she felt unhappy about something - anything. Relatives shunned her because they thought she was "pai kia" & many labels were put on her. Hard childhood she had.

Today she had earned a place in NTU, an achievement no one had ever harboured, including myself (guilty). To many people, getting into a University is perhaps a smooth sailing journey or even a piece of cake. For her case, I feel its like Singapore getting into World Cup - possible but difficult. Its no easy feat given where she started from. She was from EM3 & her PSLE results was 107. I was heads above her in my academic achievement when we were young, but she had dwarfed over me since secondary school.

In Queensway Secondary, she met a caring teacher who transformed & influenced her & her achievement improved by leaps & bounds. She was top 5% in N Levels, got into Balestier ITE, got top 5%, then Dover ITE top 5% again. Then in Ngee Ann Poly, she was 6th in her level. Her distinctions were more than the goals I scored against Clarence. Well, she's not only good in her studies woh.

She fixes any appliances that's gone gaga @ home; handles all the household chores; can whip a meal any men would crave for. Simply say, men are not needed if she's around. She has such thoughtfulness that no words are needed for her to understand you, & good timings she has in giving a word of consolation. She has never lost in badminton tournaments before; never got 2nd b4 in Athletic Meets; was always being made the captain of any competitions and many schools poached her to join them. Her name in any competition lineup simply froze her opponents. Im not exaggerating yea, she's this good. I picked up soccer from her by the way. Ive never beaten her in badminton & basketball as yet.

This woman of great capability & character would impress & marvel anyone. She's a treasure & an inspiration. The proudest thing in my life is knowing her -- <she's my younger sister. I was transformed by her unconsciously & if not for her & God, I will not be who I am today. I thank God for this marvellous gift, I simply love it! All I wanna do is to do the best for her, for she deserves anything in this world (as long as i can afford lah). If possible, I would like to publish a book of her life story. So with such a super woman in my life, how can I not expect more from girls?

But that's why Im still single. But Im happy.

Treasure what you have today, for you never know what tomorrow may bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home