Tuesday, August 01, 2006

HK Group

"They are so different" Tats e sentence tat struck my mind time & again while taking the HK kids as a facilitator. Kids around the world I believe, have one thing in common. They would prefer a ~~"Leng Loy" than an "Au Pa"~~ They put on such a strong sentiment of unwelcoming when they 1st saw me. Well, I realised that so I decided to do something ya. Before I took them for the 2nd day, I underwent a Cantonese crash course session with Mr Law (my father). And hey, the 1st sentence I said to them the next day was "Dai Ka Teng Orh Gong Wah". Heh heh, speaking their language sure helped mi 2 draw closer to them yea. From Day 2 onwards, I was no longer the unwelcomed guest in their group.

They were indeed a challenge & a headache. I realie give all my respect due to e 3 HK counsellors. Admired their perserverance, patience and constant love & care showed. All these despite it being their part time job with a meagre pay, & having to handle a group of mischievious & take-it-for-granted kids. Learned tat they had along e long gruelling 2 weeks, had thoughts of giving up on them. But am So glad tat they didnt, otherwise they wouldnt have taken back so much fond memories & oso learned more about themselves.....

I had less issues with e kids, becoz i noe tat if I were to view them as a collective group, then they r a pain in e S. Thus i see them as different individuals requiring different communicating style & approach. I think I succeeded to a certain extend. One of e counsellors had even wanted to complain about me becoz I had played too aggressively with some of e kids & she thought I will injure them. In e end, I convinced her tat I do have my way of handling e kids ya. Watz my 9 mths experience @ Y Hub for man? Ha. Still, I learned new things from e interaction with these HK kids.

I will miss Meiling, Sandy, Felix, Jason, Christy & e most, Fefe.

Came across this interesting verse
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do."
~Edmund Everett Hale, writer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home